ID 100: Setup Program Startup issues
DAF Version: 4.2
The Setup Program aborts shortly after startup without an explicit error messsage.
- Setup aborts immediately after ending the initial loading percent bar without an error message
- A dialog box reports an Error 432. Then setup aborts
- A empty dialog box is displayed with only an [OK] button. Then setup aborts
Most DAF Setup program initialization failures are due to NT permission issues.
In particular, Full Control NTFS permission are required for directories:
- System NT directory (usually "C:\WINNT")
- System Temporary directory (usually "C:\TEMP\WINNT" or "C:\TEMP")
Administrator rights are required to install DAF. Relaunch the Setup program under an Administrator account.
If the problem does seem to be a permission issue, help can be requested at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach to your message the setup log file "BIN\DAFINST.LOG" located under the directory used to unzip the DAF package (NOT the installation destination directory).
Last update: 5/1/2000 6:49:55 PM