ID 62: Live Log Disabled
DAF Version: 4.0, 4.2
The live log feature will report information on Web Authentication success or failure as well as all errors detected. DAF creates an individual log for each user database, plus one called "main log" used to report general information.
*** Main Live Log ****
With release 4.0, an incorrect default registry setting may disable the main log.
To enable the main log:
- Launch REGEDIT.EXE
- Open key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\daf]
- If key [log] exists, open it. If it does not, create it
- Under key [log], create entry "debug" as a DWORD and set it to "2"
- Verify that the new setting is valid: Launch the DAF Configuration Tool and press [Main Log File]. "(Live Log Enabled)" should be written on the bottom left of the "Main Log dialog box."
- Reload DAF filter: Launch the DAF Installation Tool and press [Re-start World Wide Web Service]. The new setting will NOT be active until the filter is reloaded.
*** User Database Live Log ***
By default, user database live logs are enabled. However, in some cases they can be Disabled. This may happen if an older (3.0 and older) release of DAF was installed on the same server, or if the DAF registry setting was manually modified.
To enable a user database Live Log:
- Launch REGEDIT.EX
- Open Key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\DAF\databases\<your DAF database name>\log]
- set entry [Debug] to "2"
- Verify that the new setting is valid: Launch the DAF Configuration Tool, select your DAF Database and select tab "Logs." "(Live Log Enabled)" should appear on the right of the window.
- Restart the DAF user database (see http://www.dafweb.com/daf4x/doc/filter/doc_4xcfg_restartdb.htm). The new setting will NOT be active until the user database is restarted. No need to restart the IIS.
Last update: 6/11/1999 7:35:43 PM